Monday, November 30, 2015

Christmas Gift Guide 2015



Great news party people! Christmas is next month. If you're like me, you probably had a mini panic attack after reading that, trust me my heart is beating out of my chest just typing it.

If you celebrate Christmas, theres a pretty good chance that you experience some kind of anxiety about shopping in the upcoming months. Between the Christmas music playing perhaps a bit before you'd like it to, the masses of people in most shopping centers, and the lines that make you want to pull your hair out, no wonder there is a shift in shopping patterns from physically going to stores to ordering online.

More good news - were here to help. I'm coming in hot today with tips, gift ideas, and wish list items. Hold on to your hats, this is gonna be a big one - so grab that Caramel BruleƩ latte and take a seat.


Gift Buying Tips

We all want to save some money on the bomb gifts we're going to give our parents, significant others, siblings, and kids. If there is one thing to take away from this post its this: don't buy in to Black Friday. Unless its a tradition or something you're dead set on (more power to you), I'm telling you - skip it. Take the extra night off after Thanksgiving to spend time with your family. It's all about Cyber Monday. Make a list and a shopping cart over the weekend, and on Monday go ahead an take advantage of all of those deals and online coupons. It will save you so much stress and time waiting in crazy lines!

When it comes to gift buying in general, its all about organization. Personally, I have a lot of people to buy for every year, and I want to make sure that I don't skip anyone, so I make lists. First, I just make a list of all the people I have to buy for on my Notes app on my phone. Then, as I buy gifts for them, I type the gift next to their name so I always have a running list of things I have purchased. This helps me know who to buy for, as well as make sure I am spending similar amounts on each person.

If you have a big extended family like I do, it may be beneficial to think about non-traditional ways of Christmas gift giving. We used to put all of our names in a hat and pick two names, so we all made a big game out of buying for someone and they would guess who the giver was once they opened it. Such a fun way to give! This year we're trying something different, and making an even bigger game out of it. Each person buys a gift for themselves, brings it in, and we put them all in a pile along with a $5 scratch ticket. Then, we all go in to the pile and pick a gift (not our own) and open it, then guess who bought it for themselves. At the end, whoever gets the most right gets to take home the scratch tickets, and we all take the gift we bought ourselves. This way, our Christmas isn't as burdensome and we still get to spend a lot of time with our family, having fun, eating, sharing stories, and just being around each other - what the holidays are all about.

Gift Ideas
For Her:
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
Freshwater Pearl Earings
Non-traditional Scarf
Nice pair of Flats
Or a fancier pair
New perfume
Makeup face kit, eye kit, or cute sampler 
A movie night package (with one of her favorite classic movies, and 2 new ones she has mentioned wanting to see, a bottle of wine, popcorn, and some kind of chocolate)

 For Him:
New Watch
Shaving Kit
Nice Down Jacket
The Ultimate Boxers
Bluetooth Earbuds
Wool Peacoat
Chukka Boots

So happy shopping! Don't let the elves hear you whine about the lines!



No comments:

Post a Comment